Some people are constantly challenged by the notion feeling good all the time
While many people may read affirmations to themselves, or surround themselves with sex, drugs, or alcohol, the simple notion of feeling good more than a few hours a day seems to escape many people
While there are different steps on the path to happiness, many people neglect the simplest notion of maintaining a healthy and positive routine that would be simple to implement and would offer immediate positive results
Here is a routine created by my friend Mack and myself that offers a few steps to a simpler and more positive lifestyle
1) Stay away from the computer and internet and videogames and TV. I am not saying quit them, just limit them. Any more than an hour a day staring at a electronic screen starts to affect your brain. It gets you irritable, it gets you in a very introverted mood, it messes up your energy when you go interact with the world. Pay attention and you will notice this. Make sure to use the time you need to be online effectively and don’t abuse it, or it is going to make it much more difficult for you to get into state, and for you to be connected with others — it makes you detached.
2) Exercise. Even if you cant get to a gym, do some pushups crunches and go for a walk, get outside. Get blood flowing. It makes you feel better and it keeps you in shape. If your not exercising then your not meeting your potential physically or mentally.
3) Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep — especially before a big day. More sleep translates to better control over your emotions and thoughts.
4) Find a hobby that you are passionate about, and pursue that hobby and practice that hobby. Be sure to devote a designated amount of time to it every week
5) Spend at least a half hour every week finding out something that would be a good conversational topic, some new type of information for you to learn or bring up. Make a point to work this into your conversations for that week.
6) Meditate, especially guided meditations meant to produce confident self assured thoughts. Commit to it every day for at least a half hour. This is the stuff successful athletes do. DO IT. It’s essential and very helpful.
So there you have it, nothing groundbreaking, nothing innovative, nothing that hard. It’s very simple — so simple that many will dismiss it. I am telling you right now if you make an effort to do this stuff and stick with it, that within 30 days you will feel better then you ever have had before , and then suddenly your life will begin to transform because you are focusing on the things that will help you lead to a more “feel good” lifestyle.